Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I've got a lot of things to do

They include:

Listening to the new Franz Ferdinand and John Vanderslice without over listening. The FF is a great rock record, which I find is much better than the first one. The lyrics are pretty dark as well. I think the FF boys are getting trouble from those Scots laydees.

Marvelling at the books I just got at Arlington Goodwill. They include Old Boys, a few from Carol Berg, three from Charles Todd and one from Arturo Perez Reverte. Old Boys is by Charles McCarry, the Big Star of the spy novel world. Everybody loves him, Otto Penzler says he is the best American spy novelist of all time, but most of his stuff is out of print. What gives?

Packing a truck and cleaning a house. I am self packing a tractor trailer at a 50% savings. If nothing breaks, I get to be a hero, if things crack, I'm a zero.

3 comments:

Brack said...

Thanks to Estebanico, I am almost through Zafon's Shadow of the Wind. Pretty darn good. I am particularly enjoying the ever-so-slight sense of dislocation I get from the diction; what may have been slick prose in the native tongue is occasionally intruiging in translation.

Brack said...

Thanks to Estebanico, I am almost through Zafon's Shadow of the Wind. Pretty darn good. I am particularly enjoying the ever-so-slight sense of dislocation I get from the diction; what may have been slick prose in the native tongue is occasionally intruiging in translation.

Tripp said...

yeah I liked that book too. I thought it was better than the average Reverte, but not up to Seville Communion or the Nautical Chart, my two faves by that guy.