Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'm in love, with that song

Matt was kind enough to let me clone his iPod library onto my machinewhile I await the return of my computer with all my own files. It's fun to see the sort of things other people choose to buy (or steal). Matt is way more into post-punk than I for example. He also has inexplicably left out "His Latest Flame" on the Elvis greatest hits. He does have a pile of Replacements though, so I was able to listen to "Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out" for the first time in over a decade. I think Kurt was thinking of this song when he wrote "Floyd the Barber." Also the unbelievably good "Alex Chilton." If you have friends way into music, you have probably gotten the "what a crime it is that Big Star is underappreciated" speech, maybe more than once. I am guilty of foisting Big Black ( be sure to check on the Cheap Trick parody) on people, usually when they are trapped at my place and I have been drinking. So I can't really bitch.

No comments: