Saturday, November 12, 2005

Amazon tags

I've used the Amazon wish list as a true wish list, but also as a reminder list of books that I might want to investigate. Amazingly this has not led to crummy gifts, but I could see it doing so. Amazon has now added tagging. You can tag an item with any word you want as in "gifts ideas for Mom" or "best books of 2005." These tags can be public so you can see what other people are tagging or they can be private. I would make "My favorite filthy books" private, but that's just me.

I like that Amazon is experimenting with letting the customers create alternate organizations of books and other products. It seems to be working on the Wikipedia and Amazon has the customer base to make it actually work. Of course, people will have to take the time to do it, but it is considerably less time than that necessary for writing a book review.

No comments: