Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A dreaded sunny day, so I meet you at the Cemetry Gates

Some people (like reader CG) seem to think that if you read the Christian Science Monitor you have to stop taking medicine or some such. Not the case! You may feel compelled to visit Mary Baker Eddy's grave though. Seriously, if you are in Boston or Cambridge, hit the cemetery, it is gorgeous.

The Monitor has a list of the best fiction of the year. It can serve either as a gift list or as a reminder that you have been reading shitty books all year. My only defense is that I was grad school for most of the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I roll my eyes in your general direction...

It's a fine list of books and several are already on my Amazon wish list hoping to be purchased by my family who thinks I'm hard to buy for.

Tripp said...

People who like books are SO easy to buy for. But the wish list helps, I make mine exceedingly long so I have no idea what I am getting. And I really like books, but that is pretty obvious I guess.

I get the rolling eyes a lot.