Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I smell sex and candy

The eldest child was hit by pneumonia last night (he's fine). After a visit to the ER, I headed over to the all night Walgreen's so he could get his antibiotic on. In my post-midnight delirious state I was lulled into thinking that the new Cadbury's Limited Edition Dark Chocolate might be a good call. Why? The dark chocolate bar isn't that good, I would rather eat Hershey's Special Dark than that. Bad dark choc+raisins+almonds should not equal tasty treat, but hey I was tired. Who knows, maybe it is Hershey's fault since they make it here in the States. The Creme egg still rules.

On the British candy tip, myaybe if we are lucky we will get the Texan bar, a oldie that is being re-released. This bar gets the top rating on this British candy rating website. I was also excited to see there are many, many versions of the Crunchie.

Check out the kinky interracial candy threesome on the Cadbury website(you may need to refresh to get the image). The tagline is "Throughout history chocolate has been associated with romance and sharing." Is that all it takes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Further to your discussion of your exotic Chocolatiana, a colleague brought me back from Italy a packet of Absinthe-flavored chocolate. I haven't had the guts to try it yet, but it seems to me that it combines two of your favorite things. Not surprisingly, it has a lot of italian writing on the back which appears to promise mystical journies to those who dare consume. I can tell you, however, that it smells godawful.

Tripp said...

Yes, I can only imagine the strange chemical effects of combining chocolate and absinthe. Doesn't absinthe taste bad though?