Saturday, November 12, 2005

GRRM

Melissa comments that the first few chapters of Feast For Crows are bewildering. She now wishes she had re-read at least the last one. I don't think I have the reading bandwidth for that.

Meanwhile, Powells is putting increased stress on my fantasy reading list. On a recent wander through the stacks, I saw a number of staff recommendations including Lynn Flewelling 's Bone Doll Twin and Sarah Ash's Lord of Snow and Shadows. The Powell's staff recommendations are generally impeccable (can you say that? is it possible to be generally impeccable?) so I nearly bought both, but held back as I still haven't read some other fantasy.

2 comments:

Brack said...

Spot:

Make sure you have The Darkness That Comes Before at the top o' the fantasy stack.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1585676772/qid=1131851338/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-3884594-1801404?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Dude. Seriously.

Tripp said...

OK, Ok, I submit. I will get it.