Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A few random items

To be honest I wasn't all that keen on reading the new Neil Gaiman short story collection. I'm not sure why, as I've loved everything he has written. This review got me interested though. It comes with a short story sequel to American Gods. It also has "A Study in Emerald," which is a Sherlock Holmes/Cthulu Mythos crossover. As the review notes, it would be a good way to see if Gaiman is your cup of tea.

The same review site has a review of a bizarre, but interesting sounding book about first contact.

I also see that Charlie Huston has a site. He writes gritty, violent noir and if you like that, you will love his books. If you don't, you'll probably hate them. He has a new book out this month and a vampire noir book coming out in December. I know what you're thinking. Vampire noir? That is some of the most ridiculous shit ever said. Done poorly, that would be true, but this guy does it right.

No comments: