Thursday, August 17, 2006

Support your library

Now that my kids are so old (one is in kindergarden and the other two are preschoolers) we have left behind toddler story time. This was a favorite activity of ours and lots of other people apparently. Take a look at this Washington Post story about a departing story teller who is a rock star to his fans. Here is how one mom feels.

"Seriously, I just about cried when I got the e-mail that Mr. Tony was leaving," Medefind said. "Honestly, I haven't even tried to explain to my daughter that he'll be gone. I have no idea how I'm going to manage that."

Those without kids may mock and scoff, but it's true, when you find a good one, you keep going back. When we were in No. VA, you had to sign up for story times although you could hang out in hopes a space might be free. Portland has moved to a similar system to keep the kid flow under control.

No comments: