Friday, August 25, 2006

I can't stand those useless fools

I'm all for free speech and letting dangerous ideas out for discussion and all that. But there is a class of books I want banned, or at least hidden behind a curtain where the kiddies can't see them. It's the sort of book that refers to "The Right" or "The Left" or "Conservatives" or "Liberals" and how they are plotting against all right thinking people. The subtitle is something like "How (the people I hate) are going to make-my-daughter-give-head-to-illegal-Mexican-immigrants- who-have-AIDS or how they plan-to-tattoo-the-Bible-under-my-eyelids-and-take- away-my-kind-herb. Stupid, stupid crap that fills the bookshelves nearly everywhere you go. This isn't even Politics for Dummies, it's Stupid Ideas for Jackasses.

Among the worst of the worst is the Politically Incorrect series from Regnery. First of all, saying "politically incorrect" is a jackass move, since that term is so 1992. As you can tell by looking at the titles of the books, the subtitle of the series should be "I wish it were 1750 when I could have slaves, beat my women, and use a book written by desert nomads to determine how the world works." Just dig this:

The Politically Incorrect Guide(TM™) to Science busts myths, reveals hidden agendas, and lets you in on some of the little-known secrets about what'’s really going on in science. If you'’re tired of being hoodwinked by liberals who use science to justify all sorts of misbehavior, you need The Politically Incorrect Guide(TM™) to Science.

Note the copyright. Jackasses.

The PI guide to American history turns out to have been written by a guy who actively pines for the return of the CSA!!!! Max Boot, full kickin' neoconservative has a delightful taketown of this expensive roll of toilet paper in the (conservative) Weekly Standard. Read all of it.

No comments: