Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Back to the front

I'm reading Fiasco by Tom Ricks. I've read piles of books, articles and stories on Iraq, but I keep going back. Part of it is the sheer importance ofthe war. Part of it is the need to smack myself a few times for ever believing that this war was a good idea (I did, and man was I wrong.) Anyway, check out what fellow Hoya Greg Djerejian says about the Administration and the book.

Just when you think your capacity to be surprised by some blunder or mishap committed by this Administration has reached some sad apex--so that your ability to get dumbfounded anew has just plain maxed out--you are left sadly awestruck by the sheer scale of the bollixing yet again.

And it's all that good. I won't spoil the enjoyment of reading his cold, cold rage. Serioulsy take the time to read it. And then go buy Fiasco.

No comments: