Monday, August 07, 2006

I'll be loaded like a freight train

No doubt my well read readers saw the article in the Times about the return of rose (sorry can't find the accented e in blogger) wine. Come the eff on dudes, what gives? Has everyone gone completely lame? Has nostalgia culture overwhelmed decision making processes?

I know what you're thinking. Don't I see you drinking a few PBRs like all the other PDX jackasses? I guess if I was a real hep cat I would have moved on to Iron City or some other beverage redolent of indie cred. Whatever, PBR is good and rose wine is ass. That is all there is to it. That wine is the stuff we used to throw into the penalty glass for egregious party fouls. OK, we really tossed in some Night Train or Wild Irish Rose or whatever hyperpotent panhandler wine my man was selling down at 7-11. But you get me.

Come December, the cool kids will be drinking some Boone's Farm and I will be catching up to lovin' some rose.

No comments: