Thursday, April 20, 2006

I fooled you, I fooled you, I got pig iron

Board game nerds will be pleased to see that there is a new Ticket to Ride, set in Germany this time. They've added a new layer of complexity that may or may not appeal. I rather like the ease of play right now, so I am leery. If you haven't played the original by all means check it out. You can learn the rules in about three minutes and beat experienced players on your first game. It's not too simplistic though, some thought is required.

Among my 250+ unread books, I have Empire Express, a book about the creation of the Transcontinental Railroad. The reviews can be summed as "informative, but dry to the point of tediousness." So that one is gonna wait some more. There is always the shorter, and no doubt snappier, Stephen Ambrose book, but that one is from his phoning it in phase, so I don't really want to attempt it.

What with all the Johnny Cash love going on, I should probably watch this flick.

No comments: