Sunday, March 26, 2006

Got this feeling when I heard your name the other day

When I go down to the Oregon Coast I know I am going to score some random foods. I continue to be foiled in my quest to land a visit to the Pig N Pancake, but I did get my hands on some Tillamoook White Licorice ice cream. Yes, it sounds like this should be my last choice, but it is surprisingly tasty. The first taste is of anise, but before the taste hits that often unpleasant licorice aftertaste, you get hit with a creamy vanilla flavor. It's really quite addictive.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find an It's It. You used to be able to get them at one of those random groceries on Route 26, but the Nestle/Blue Bunny hegemony has chased out the little guy once again. Bastards. I think there is a place out in the Wine Country that still has them. I remain a fool for the hard to find foods, and will go far out of my way if I know I might get my hands on one of these special items.

No comments: