Monday, March 06, 2006

All I heard on Channel 4

Sarah Weinman links to a set of BBC on air tales of how mystery writers use music as part of their craft. That looks great, I am particularly interested in what George Pelecanos has to say. History fans should take a look at this NINETY part series on the British empire. Each one is 15 minutes so you have a nice audiobook on your hands.

When I lived in China, back in the day, I relied on my shortwave and the BBC for much of my entertainment. Maybe this show wasn't broadcast in East Asia, but I would loved to listen to this show where authors talk about their books and this show that covers news in fiction and non-fiction. And oh my word, they even have one on poetry! No RSS or podcasts that I could find, which means I will listen only haphazardly.

No comments: