Friday, December 08, 2006

A video motif I can do without

Surgery. Why do we want to watch (or think about) people getting sliced up while listening to music we presumably like? Yes, I am a big pussy when it comes to these things, but I bet few people are looking for cutting-people-up videos.

Metallica - One. Great song from the bloated period. Still, better to be good but bloated, than bad but tight. Not too nasty a surgery video and it is supposed to remind us that war is bad and stuff.

Death Cab for Cutie - Title and Registration. No question my favorite Death Cab song, but I can REALLY do without the symbolic removal of his heart. This sort of thing creeps me out to no end. Yes, I am a candyass, but I have never watched this one all the way through. But I have watched all of Devil's Rejects. Wierd.

Belly - Superconnected. Not too much surgery in this one. I don't want to think about Tanya Donnelly getting surgery as she gives me a funny feeling in my tummy.

Green Day Geek Stink Breath. I'm all for anti-meth messages, but the dentist visit imagery is none too pleasant.

Interpol- Evil. This one flat out freaks me out. Cruel, wicked Interpol! You took one of my top three Interpol songs and associated it with a bizarre accident-victim puppet. His OR dance makes me want to cry out for my mommy.

2 comments:

Brack said...

Don't forget NIN's "Happiness in Slavery," in which Bob Flanagan meets the the business end of some nasty machinery. Reminded me of some of those "autosurgeon" scenes in Altered Carbon and Woken Furies.

Tripp said...

Nice, I will be avoiding that video.