Thursday, December 28, 2006

That was awesome

In honor of my first episode of the Wire which is awesome as promised, here is some awesome for you.

Here you have Sebadoh covering a Foreigner song. Can the indie power of Lou Barlow suddenly make Foreigner cool? No. But it is a fun listen anyway.

Scroll down on this page for Forest Fire, my fave song of the last few months. Warning, it is some off kilter alt-country.

TV on the Radio covers the Pixies.

There is a new Interpol record next year.

The Editors of We Love Joy Division fame have a nice understated cover of Road to Nowhere (scroll down).

Here's a entire Modest Mouse live show featuring two of my faves, Out of Gas and Perfect Disguise. Did I tell you about the time I saw Broken Social Scene and Issac and Joe came out and played Out of Gas w/BSS? Awesome.

No comments: