Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Morning commute thoughts

Joanna is none too keen on the dark chocolate M&Ms. I think she is a little hard, but I agree that it might serve as a gateway food to dark chocolate for "milk chocolate pussies."

In other food news, I made this oatmeal pecan pie the other day. Like all pecan pies, the recipe is simple, but quite good. The oats cut the sweetness and bring a nice chewiness to the pie. I quite liked it, but my wife complained that it was an oatmeal rather than a pecan pie. So now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Finally, I was listening to KNRK today and one of the callers identified himself as "Tripp." Wow, I really thought I was the only Tripp in all of Portland. There are a decent number on the East Coast, but not so much out here.

No comments: