Thursday, December 28, 2006

A few new ones

Despite owning two of his books, I have yet to read any Robert Wilson. He has written scads of thrillers and his latest and supposed to be his finest. This USAToday review of The Hidden Assassins certainly piques my interest.

One of the most bittersweet moments for me is finishing reading a favorite author's books. With some authors, like Dickens or Trollope, this isn't going to be an issue as I am unlikely to read them all. With others, like Robertson Davies, I have read them all and I keep wishing there would be more. Philip K Dick fans will be excited to learn about an unreleased book of his coming to light. The reviews make the book look marginal, which is why it hasn't yet been released no doubt, but I imagine most will be pleased for something new.

I am dubious about this one, but I put a library hold on it anyway. Taking a page from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the book Fangland updates Dracula with a more aggressive Mina Harker (Evangeline Harker in this one, I for one always think of Angelheart when I hear the name Evangeline).

No comments: