Tuesday, June 20, 2006

CK update for CG and other miscellany

An update on the whereabouts of Chuck Klosterman. Too short, sadly, but still pretty funny. Now would be a good time to mention that I decided this weekend, while standing in line at the local Barnes and Noble, that I hate all of you Portlanders for your demonic refusal to franchise Powell's throughout the nation, or at least in central Virginia.

A completely unrelated link from last night's Colbert Report. Colbert interviews Representative Lynn Westmoreland (R - GA), who is the co-sponsor of a bill to display the Ten Commandments in the House of Representatives and the Senate. His description of the Capitol as a "judicial building" makes me ... well, just sad, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Steve - I liked "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs" so will check out his new one when I go to Powell's next (you know, I only have to walk six blocks from my place to get there).

Sorry, that was mean.

Hopefully Klosterman will turn up as a columnist or record reviewer in another magazine (The Believer maybe?).

Tripp said...

Wha? Judicial building? Can someone send him a page on the separation of powers from 8th grade social studies?

I heard some rumor a ways back that Powell's was looking into creating mini-Powells in some other metros. DC could certainly use it, what with all the wealthy highly educated types, but limited used bookstores. No doubt Richmond could as well.