Wednesday, February 22, 2006

There is no dark side, it's all dark

When I saw the Washington Post review (contained on the Amazon site) for the new anthology DC Noir, I figured I'd give it a try at some point. The review was positive, it's edited by George Pelecanos and I love crime stories set in cities I know. So when I saw it at the library I picked it up. When I flipped it open I saw that it is part of a series of city specific anthologies. Each story is set in a specific neighborhood and is original to the book. All the obvious great cities with a dark side (New Orleans, London, Dublin, Brooklyn for example) are included. The least obvious to me is the Twin Cities volume, but that is probably ignorance. I thought it was all happy Scandinavians and Prince up there. If anything says hard luck, it's Baltimore, so the Baltimore one will be good.

No comments: