Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wouldn't you believe it, just my luck

While my luck isn't the best down in Las Vegas, when it comes to the bookstores, I'm all aces. I took a load of books to Powell's to trade-in and picked up Why Globalization Works and Gardens of the Moon. The Powell's used book buyer looked over my books like a customs inspector looking for bomb making materials and rejected quite a few of mine. Down at the neighborhood used bookstore, I took the Powell's rejects and picked up the Zanzibar Chest and the List of Seven.

The globalization book looks excellent, I love a good readable economics book and they are pretty rare. Gardens of the Moon is yet another fantasy series, I think I am in the middle of five at the moment. I should rank them at some point. Zanzibar Chest just looks cool and the List of Seven is a Sherlock Holmes tale written by one of the creators of Twin Peaks! All in all a good investment of half an hour.

No comments: