Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Won't you tell me, what are we fighting for

As I purge my too large book collection, I find I am totally unable to abandon books with personal inscriptions. Even if it is just a happy birthday, it is too much. Partially I don't want anyone to find out that I got rid of the book they gave me. But mostly I think finding books with inscriptions in bookstores is sad. Recently I saw one of the worst stripe, the spurned reconciliation. This one said something along the lines of "Dear X, I'm sorry, can't we try again? Love Y." I almost cried in the bookstore. So please help me out and rip out inscriptions before selling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe y was Posh and x was Becks. . .he gave it to her after a fight and she just sold that shit straightaway

Brack said...

x=A. Joy
y=K. Holmes
das Buch=Kama Sutra

Tripp said...

Pity A. Joy is not reading so he cannot take the proper offense