Thursday, September 08, 2005

We'll go five days through the night

It is official. Simon Le Bon has some of the best taste in books around. By that I mean, we like similar books. He turned me on to Flicker, which I doubt I would have picked up otherwise. I started it today and I can tell it will be good. It involves movies and giant conspiracies. Sweet. He also likes James Ellroy, Phillip Pullman and other greats. It is worth checking his site to see what he is reading, although he hasn't updated too frequently as of late. This month he promotes Altered Carbon, which is one of the best sci-fi books in years.

By the way, Flicker is going to be made into a movie by Darren Aronofsky. I loved Requiem for a Dream, but I wonder if he can compress a 500 page novel into two hours. Hmm, it seems the person who did the Fight Club screenplay is doing this screenplay, that bodes well.

No comments: