Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday afternoon action

Hey! Want to read another article about how a Bush appointee has screwed up a fine American institution? No? Then don't read this op-ed about the Smithsonian. On the plus side, change is afoot and people are aware of some of the issues I have noticed on recent visits.

Here is an interesting article on books that that servicemen and women are ordering in Iraq.

Henry Kamen has written yet another big book on Spain and the Guardian has a glowing review. I can't allow myself to purchase it until I have at least started his book called Empire. I've had it for at least four years.

Borders has a brief, but still amusing, interview with Christopher Buckley.

Sandra at Book World really likes Flannery O'Connor. I have to admit I have not yet read her, and I know this makes me a bad Southerner. The blog post makes me want to read her soon.

I hate "My Humps" very much, so I was amused by this cover by Alanis Morrisette. (thanks CG) It has been nearly 15 years so I can admit I actually like Ironic.

In case you missed it, the Hugo nominees are out. If the rest are as good as Blindsight, then we have some good reading ahead.

No comments: