Friday, December 30, 2005

Kavalier and Clay goodness

I know all y'all are down with some Kavalier and Clay so I know you will want to spend some time over here at the Amazing Website of Kavalier and Clay. Haters beware, there is lots of talk about the comics, but you can find other things as well, such as references to related short stories or pieces. Such an awesome book, but I am much less into the comics, so there are no tears in my beer concerning news the comics are fairing poorly. The man himself is telling us to give it another try so maybe...

I just picked up the graphic novel talk of the town, so I am going to be busy comics wise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never understood the male love affair with graphic novels.

Tripp said...

You and your pronoucements.

Check what Jessa Crispin, reader and female says:

http://www.bookstandard.com/bookstandard/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001656302

And I say, in your face.

Anonymous said...

You really don't want to have a debate on this, do you?

Tripp said...

What is there to debate? Your claim that only men like graphic novels, which I have already disproved, or you r lack of understanding of people who like them? Is your whole argument, basically comic books are for kids and the Japanese?

Anonymous said...

Outlier vs norm.

Who said anything about Japanese or teenagers?

Tripp said...

I provided a data point while you merely provided a supposition backed by no data. Here is a site filled with information on women and comics.

http://www.friends-lulu.org/Links.html