Sunday, December 11, 2005

Gender swapping at Disney

To please the PC gods and to "update the brand," Christopher Robin is getting the toe. He will be replaced by a young lass in future Winnie the Pooh products. Now having a daughter myself, I have seen that she seeks out female characters in these things, and there aren't any since they stopped using Kanga, so why not just bring back Kanga? Or create a cousin of C. Robin or whatever. Dropping him seems silly. It isn't of great note to me as I've not much liked the Disney Pooh output of late, although my kids adore it. The Many of Adventures of Pooh, is an important exception. Like Fantasia, it is one of the few kids's DVDs that doesn't rapidly drive you crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Disneyification of Pooh is criminal and this just proves it. Also Mary Poppins.

nic