Thursday, December 29, 2005

A few amusing gifts

Two of the books I received for Christmas are pretty amusing. The first is Modern Drunkard, which is a guide to being a lush in our puritan society. You can get a taste at the website, I thought this typical night at a bar was amusing. It's hard to tell how tongue in cheek the book is, I hope for his liver's sake that the author is kidding. I also got a memoir titled Another Bullshit Night in Suck City. With a title that great, it doesn't matter what it is about, you just have to read it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got Modern Drunkard for Brian for Christmas! He says that it is everybit as good as the mag.

Brack said...

OT but O Happy Day:

BUSINESS LICENSES

Richmond Times-Dispatch

Aug 22, 2005

The following are recently issued business licenses in Richmond and Chesterfield and Henrico counties.
. . .

Five Guys Burgers & Fries (restaurant); licensee Three Guy Enterprises II LLC, 931 W. Broad St., Richmond 23220.

Tripp said...

Yes, so far I am laughing greatly at the Drunkard.

Oooooo Five Guys, get excited Braxton you will have to buy two burgers and do a taste test. To be fair you might have to meet in between to ensure similar heat. Get the grilled onions.

Anonymous said...

There are no burgers better than Five Guys! The VB store is near my parents, which is almost as dangerous as the Bailey Crossroads location near me. Every dead cow wants to be a Five Guys burger.