Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ole Ole Ole for Mulholland

Mulholland Drive was originally the pilot for a TV series for ABC, and was clearly a few years too early. Had it come out in 2004 or 2005, it would have been seen as the next Lost. Oh well. I knew this going into the movie the first time and I figured most of the oddities in the movie were loose ends from the pilot. Having seen the movie for the second time, many of these apparent sidetracks make much more sense. I recommend watching the movie again if you it only once and found yourself puzzled.

Have a look at this fan site which collects a number of theories, some convincing, others not. The same site lead me to this analysis which is quite close to how I saw the film. This analysis is excellent. They are both worth reading, but of course only if you have seen the movie.

No comments: