Friday, July 31, 2009

Mixed

Man, the heat has been killing my ability to do anything, including post. Here's hoping the heat wave really is gone. Here are a few things I noticed of late.

Are the Misfits the ultimate New Jersey band? Idolator says yes. I just know they rule.

Here is a nice bit on the parodies of that scene in Downfall. The Hillary one remains my fave.

I've long had a fascination with LA. In my imagination, it is a sunny sort of place with all manner of evil lurking just beneath. Yes, yes, the very images from LA Confidential. For the longest time, I thought it was Ellroy's LA Quartet that created my fascination. It should be Chandler, I know, but there you are. In reality, I think it was Axl Rose who did. I have been listening to Appetite for Destruction again and I am pretty sure it is songs like My Michelle that nestled in my brain and created the fascination.

This post makes me consider, at least, reading Vollman's massive book Imperial.

Have you tried the limited edition coconut M&Ms? Not bad.

No comments: