Monday, May 15, 2006

Open up the seven seals, the beast has come

Neill told me not to watch Dominion, but I had it from Netflix so I gave it a chance. I shouldn't have. Lame lame lame. It isn't scary, it is anti-scary in places thanks to the use of really weak CGI. And hyenas always make me think of the Lion King. It isn't all that spooky either. It starts off somewhat interesting with an ancient Christian church found far outside the historical Christendom. Then it gets boring. There is some passably interesting stuff on the nature of evil and why God allows it to exist in the world. We get a Sophie's Choice like Nazi intro to help us get it.

The only interesting thing about the movie is that it was released twice, in forms by two different directors. The one called Exorcist the Beginning is action oriented while Dominion is the more thoughtful one. I say save your devil movie dollars for the upcoming Omen remake or better yet just watch Prince of Darkness.

By the way, were you aware that Saturn Awards existed? These are awards for sci-fi, fantasy and horror movies. I saw a mention on the Prince of Darkness page.

No comments: