Monday, May 08, 2006

A nice day to...start again

It is surely a sign of my growing age that what I may most remember about this weekend's wedding is the fact that I forgot my tuxedo. And realized this fact about 30 mins before I got on the bus to go the church. For getting me his in a super fast time, may a shower of blessings fall upon family Kay. While there was little in the way of feats of drinking or illstarred hookups, we did get cracking on the karaoke. When NBK and I broke into a duet of REO's "Keep on Loving You," there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I look forward to the plane ride east as I know I will get lots of reading done, but on this trip I managed a net increase in books. I finished Old Man's War (short review- awesome, more later) and decided to put aside a few more (again more later on those...) but thanks to the generosity of Harris and Steve and the fine books at Black Swan, I now have Kate Atkinson's Case Histories, Eliott Perlman's Seven Types of Ambiguity and Ha Jin's War Trash. Lots of meaty lit to make up for the crap I have been reading.

1 comment:

Tripp said...

Well certain parties were busy with the TMP, so I am not going to worry.