Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween fun

I was going to say a bit about scary books in relation to the day, but instead I will mention two seasonal beers worth drinking. Most pumpkin beers are not so awesome, but there are a couple I have liked this season. The Dog Fish Head Punkin has hints of pumpkin pie and is quite a treat. It's not weak, at 7% ABV, but it won't knock you on your ass like some of the really big beers they male. I tried Elysian's Night Owl last night and thought it was great. The spices are understated and there is a light, pleasant pumpkiny flavor throughout.

Here are some fun links. Homestar runner has a yearly Halloween cartoon. 2002 is still my favorite.

SF Signal has the Orson Welles War of the Worlds Broadcast.

Horror novelist's Joe Hill's graphic novel Locke and Key looks great.

If you are looking for a scary game to play, I recommend Arkham Horror.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Southern Tier "Pumking Ale" is awesome. Much better than Dogfish (and you can't often say that). Steve

Tripp said...

Huh, I suppose at this point, it is probably off the shelves, but that is worth seeking out.