Monday, August 20, 2007

Goofy theme songs

After singing the theme song to Sid & Marty Kroftt kids show the Bugaloos, I decided to find it on You Tube so the kids could hear it. Man, those Bugaloos are some serious hippies. From the same people, there is HR Pufnstuf. I had forgotten the magic flute and the tempting, talking boat. This one appears to be even more influenced by heavy use of the chronic than the Bugaloos. As a program, I prefer Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. Or maybe, Wonderbug or Dr Shrinker. The latter show comes from the mid-70s and abandons the psychedelia of the early themes for cheesy white funk of the Osmonds.

The Kroffts are all well and good, but I must note my preference for Rankin and Bass.

While we are on the subject of dubious pop culture artifacts, take note that Danzig is now emptying the archives.

No comments: