Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Tale of Two Sisters

Somehow or the other, I put the Tale of Two Sisters (trailer below) on my Netflix list. I think I was looking for more Korean genre film after watching the excellent monster movie, the Host, and the brutal revenge pic, Oldboy. This one is straight horror in the Japanese mold, complete with creepy female figures crawling around with long hair covering their faces. There are a number of good scares, including a disturbing ghost entering a room scene, but the mystery elements are probably better. The peculiarity of the dialogue and the character's strange behavior is unsettling, but makes sense by the end of the film. I didn't like this one as much as the Host or Oldboy, but it is worth watching.

This was recently remade as the Uninvited.

No comments: