Thursday, August 25, 2005

I hung my head

I must report two shameful things.

The first is that my hometown's favorite hamburger is the Hardee's Thickburger. It is actually worse than that. Five slots on the top ten are taken by different Hardee's locations! I realize fast food burgers have their place, but it shouldn't be the top. Fortunately, help is on the way. DC's best burger joint, Five Guys, is coming to Virginia Beach. Mayhap they will place next year.

The second shameful thing is that I initially thought of referencing Cheeseburger in Paradise in the title line. Despite nearly clearing the remnants of a long dead Jimmy Buffet fascination from my head, little snippets remain lodged in my brain. I did go to two or three shows way back in the way back and I'd like to say it was just for the drinking, but sadly no.

6 comments:

Brack said...

Despair not (or not as much). At least Kelly's, which is pretty decent, slid in at #2. I am ashamed to see that Richmonders placed Carytown Burgers & Fries behind both Hardees and Fuddruckers. I hate this town sometimes.

As for the Buffett, there's no excuse for that.

Spider John

Anonymous said...

The cynical side of me thinks that some Hardee's flack voted on the Citysearch site hundreds of times to get its burger at the top... unless Virginians really have highly mediocre taste.

JC spent months searching for the best burger in Portland, trying both haute cuisine and down-home restaurants and has some suprising findings (Southpark?). Only JC could spend a year eating burgers and still look that good.

Tripp said...

Brack,

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot dude, you are as guilty as I re: Buffet.

As to Carytown Burger, it is far the superior of even Fuddruckers. A sad day.

T

Tripp said...

CG,

My fave burger ( at the low end) is Giant burger which is out on 99 near the 5. As to the high end I remain unversed. I will contact JC in hopes of benefiting from his research.

T

Anonymous said...

t,
what is the name of the greasy spoon burger joint just down the road from your place in P-town? y'know, the one with all the college pennants on the walls?
THAT was a hell of a burger even tho you had to wait a hell of a long time to get it.
damn i'm hungry now.
nbk

Tripp said...

Nicely done NBK, you speak of Stanich's which is truly rad. Their burgers are excellent and the decor is old school burger joint. I must eat one immediately upon returning to PDX.