Monday, January 09, 2006

Beer quest ended

I finally found the Dog Fish Head 120 minute IPA in Portland. I'm a little nervous about drinking it since one bottle is equivalent to five or so PBRs. Belmont Station had the beer. The bottle was none too cheap at nine bones, but that was nothing compared to the Pangaea and the Fort. Those were both around fifteen smackers although the bottles were twice as big. When I asked the guy at Belmont if those two big ones were worth it, he just closed his eyes as if to remember that sweet, sweet flavor. He then described each in glowing terms. I must try the both of them.

The same place sells a variety of British candies and foods. I am intrigued by the toffee slab that comes with a hammer. The also have a variety of marmelades. I've always wanted to go on a crazy marmelade binge, trying all the flavors. I wish New Seasons would have a marmelade tasting.

4 comments:

Brack said...

Ooo, T Spot! Please fetch me a Hoadley Violet Crumble Bar and some bramble jelly. I can spread some on my prawn and vinegar crisps as I watch the re-runs of Two Fat Ladies preparing terrine of squab and buttered mutton pie.

Tripp said...

Certainly, I will be sure to make you some Marmite-Hob Nob sandwich treats as well, as soon as the tube starts running again and I can get down to the Tesco.

Anonymous said...

New Seasons will let you taste anything if you ask.

Tripp said...

Yes, but I always feel slightly guilty unless it is an official tasting. If it is unpackaged, like fruit, then I feel OK about it.