Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mixed

Here is one for Steve. Five pages of why it it hard to translate Beowulf. Includes exercises! Via McCardle.

Ken Ober of MTV's Remote Control has died. So young, so sad. How I loved Remote Control back in the day, with the Stud Boy and Dead or Canadian?

I have been away from the food blog world for awhile, but I saw a link on Marginal Revolution to a guide to buffet eating. I expected a few bullet points, but found a treatise. It's a bit insane. Nice blog though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned a lot from that but nothing so shocking as the fact that Beowulf and Thundarr the Barbarian are actually one and the same (see the illustration on the first page). I can't wait for Heaney's epic poetry cycle "Ookla the Mok." Steve

Tripp said...

I think we all know that Ookla the Mok is the true hero of that show.