Sunday, July 09, 2006

I feel safest of all

So we took the kids to Cars, and they loved it. I'd go for liked it for myself, it wasn't as good as Nemo or the two Toy Stories. It definately had its moments though, particularly in the cow tipping scene. I thought my oldest was going to pee himself during that one. On the downside it is nearly two hours, which proved too much for my kids, we left with ten minutes left in the movie.

Here was something odd. The movie featured a cover of "Life is a Highway." What, would Tom Cochrane only allow his version to be used if they also put "Lunatic Fringe" in the movie? So you know who covered it...Rascal Flatts. They've put out a few country albums, but if you are going to get a cover, why not go for something more off the wall or get someone like the Dixie Chicks to do it? Life is a Highway is of course a "summer song" and you should see the Stereogum discussion of what the summer song of 2006 is. Since the defining feature of summer songs seems to be catchy pile of shite (the last good one on that list is from 81), I don't really care that much.

No comments: