Monday, October 26, 2009

Anyone like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

I was on the return flight from Atlanta yesterday when I started the much lauded Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I made decent headway into it, but put it down mid-flight. It was clicking. I'm not sure it was the book's fault as

A) I had just finished Blood's A Rover and loved it. The style of that book is so particular that it may have spoiled crime novels for a week or so.

B) I was tired. I was in a car for six hours and then got on a plane. The brain was not firing on all cylinders I assure you.

C) I was uncomfortable. The person in front of me kept adjusting her seat and the person next to me needed more room than an economy seat provides. I became more acquainted with the side of the plan than I would have liked.

So, I am thinking I should maybe try the book again. Any advice would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Citizen Reader said...

I started it and was decidedly "meh" about it. I always thought I'd go back to it someday, but I haven't yet...

Sorry. That's probably not the motivation you were looking for.

Tripp said...

Hey CR, sounds like your reaction was similar to mine. The chances of restarting grow smaller.

Anonymous said...

Hey !, You have a nice blog I going to bookmark you! Please visit my tattoo blog
tattoo design
tattoo 3d
dragon tattoo
tattoo popular
tattoo women sexy
and tattoo flash design
Thx.